Yamaha Royal Star
Any Royal Star owner will testify as to how much he loves his bike and how much he dislikes the seat. The factory model is yet another one of those “slide-down-onto-the-hump” seats. The passenger pad is too narrow and very hard. Diamond Custom Seats remedied this by making a nice, wide, scooped front seat, built for all day on the road, and a 15-inch-wide scooped passenger seat that will satisfy even the fussiest co-rider.
The saddle is available with a built in driver’s backrest which is adjustable fore and aft, folds all the way forward, so that the passenger can mount easily, and is removable for sport riding. The back seat is a full fourteen inches wide for full passenger comfort. The foam in the driver and passenger sections are poured separately to ensure that each rider has proper support. The saddle comes in either a marine-grade velour top for heat and perspiration control, or in all soft touch vinyl.
In preparation for your order, we’ll ask you many of the same questions a fine tailor would ask. Driver and passenger height, weight and inseam are all incorporated into the total design of the perfect seat for you. We will also discuss any of your special needs or preferences at that time.
We customize every seat to fit your style and to maximize your comfort. We believe your bike should not only look good, but feel good too. When you call, here are some of the questions we ask so we can provide you with the perfect saddle.
- Your weight, height, and length of inseam.
- If you normally ride two-up, then your passenger weight, height, and inseam.
- With or without driver backrest, also customized to match your seat design.
- Color, or color combinations.
- Fabrics of vinyl or velour. We also have a variety of animal skin designs.
- Stitching designs: diamond stitch over entire top, diamond stitch row down center, smooth, or other custom designs.
- Any add-on’s or accessories: Studs, conchos, passenger pouch, embroidery, and more.
There’s really no limit to providing you with the perfect motorcycle seat!